ENTRY DEADLINE plus entrance fee payment: 17th NOV
The Chesham Arts Festival (CAF) has been giving keen performers the opportunity to compete at a high level, gain stage experience and receive feedback from industry professionals for years. JMDS has proved itself to be a leading competitor (of course!) medaling with the majority of our entries and bringing home trophies every year for our groups. We hope to enjoy further success this year!
- The CAF will run over the February half term Sun 11th to Sat 17th Feb 2018 at The Elgiva Theatre.
- Competitive sections in: Classical Ballet, Modern, Lyrical Modern, Tap, Character, National, Song and Dance/Musical Theatre Presentation, Contemporary, Commercial Dance (to include Street dance and Hip Hop), Acrobatics.
- Your entry/ies could be scheduled to perform on any day of the week (groups are no longer placed at the end of the week).
- The CAF has no preliminary rounds so there is only one chance for competitors to prove themselves! For this reason, only entries that at the time of entry have been seen and/or are being coached by a member of the JMDS teaching team are encouraged to enter. Competitors are representing JMDS in a fiercely-fought external competition, the criteria of which differ to that of our own internal choreography competition.
- A running order plus ticket information will be emailed to entrants in due course. If not already done so, please pass on your email address (with your entry) to Miss Suzanne if you'd like to receive this.
- All solo/duet/trio entries for the CAF to be registered via Miss Suzanne please.
- Even if you are currently working with Miss Suzanne/Lili on comp entries, please confirm your entries via text.
- Due to the level of dance related emails, entries should be TEXTED only to the number you will have received via email. If you haven't got this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or DM on Facebook and we'll email you the number. The text should state as concisely as possible the NAME(S), DOB, DANCE GENRE and AGE SECTION. See details below.
- All Character entries must be submitted with a title.
- Group entries to be organised by the choreographer please. Please note: at the CAF, a trio or quartet is not a group. Please provide a full list of the names and DOBs and include payment.
- 4-6 years - Baby Section
- 7-8 years - Section A
- 9-10 years - Section B
- 11-12 years - Section C
- 13-14 years - Section D
- 15-21 years - Section E
ENSEMBLE (group) ENTRIES:
- 4-10 years - Junior
- 11-14 years - Intermediate
- 15-21 years - Senior
- AGE OF COMPETITOR TAKEN FROM 1st JAN 2018
- For duets, trios, quartets and ensembles, the age of the ELDEST entrant specifies the age group.
- The CAF holds very strict time limits for the differing sections. These do not always correspond with those from the British Arts Awards: YOUR MUSIC/DANCE MAY NEED SHORTENING! See below for details of time limits.
- Please allow your choreographer/teacher to cut and edit your music to avoid the climax (or best bits!) being cut out. Entries require a coherent start, middle and ending in order to do well.
- SOLOS: Baby and Junior sections 1 ½ mins (S&D 2 mins)
- SOLOS: Inter and Senior sections - 2 mins (S&D 2 ½ mins)
- DUETS: All ages - 2 ½ mins (S&D 3 mins)
- TRIOS & QUARTETS: All ages - 2 ½ mins (S&D 3 mins)
- ENSEMBLES (groups): 4 mins
- Full payment of entries into the CAF should be passed on to Miss Suzanne before the Nov 17th deadline.
- All payments either cash or cheque made out to Mrs S. NIKOLIC
- No bank transfers please.
- Payments will be received ONLY in a named envelope with a breakdown of the entries/payments written clearly on the cover!! Please avoid handing in un-named cash. Thank you.
- SOLOS under 13 years old - £7
- SOLOS 13 years and over - £8
- DUETS all ages - £12
- TRIOS/QUARTETS - £15
- ENSEMBLES - £30
- PLEASE ADD A ONE TIME ONLY ADMIN FEE OF £1 TO YOUR COMBINED ENTRIES – thank you.
REMEMBER AGE OF COMPETITOR TAKEN FROM 1st JAN 2018
Entrants will be contacted with further information via group email.
Good luck, everyone!